This week I decided to take a break from the N.E.S.T.S. series and share with you all a delicious recipe for pizza pinwheels.
For any pizza lover, like myself, this is a quick, easy and delicious way to satisfy that pizza craving! They also serve as great appetizers for parties, picnics, potluck and snacking. It is easy to prep beforehand and bakes right before you want to enjoy them!
All the ingredients are super easy to get a hold of as most grocery stores carry puff pastry, I personally love the PC brand one and keep some stocked up in the freezer! The other ingredients are all part of our pantry and fridge.
The best thing about this recipe is that they are kid-friendly! Kids love the warm pizza goodness all wrapped up in puff pastry! I love how BabyG wants to help in the kitchen and this is a quick and easy recipe for her to help with.
- Puff pastry (1 sheet)
- Pizza/pasta sauce (3 tbsp)
- Mozzarella (250g)
- Italian spice blend (sprinkle)
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees and lay out your baking trays with parchment paper or use baking sheets.
- Defrost the puff pastry sheet for me this took two hours on the counter from frozen or you could leave it overnight in the fridge, but be sure to check the directions on the package.
- Once thawed, gently unroll the pastry and spread the sauce evenly on the puff pastry.
- Sprinkle cheese on top and then add an even sprinkle of some Italian seasoning.
- Gently roll up the pastry and chill for 15 minutes (this makes the roll easier to cut), take a sharp serrated knife and cut the pinwheels to about a 1/2 inch thickness.
- Lay flat on to your baking tray at about an inch apart to allow for spread whilst baking.
- Bake for 18 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove from oven and enjoy warm!
Take care and happy reading(eating)!